Structure of Round Robin Tournament:
- Teams with two players. Doubles ONLY
- Each participant plays against every other participant exactly once.
- In the case of an odd number of participants, a “bye” can be used, where one participant gets a rest during each round.
- Typically, participants earn points based on the outcome of each match (e.g., 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss).
- Sometimes, the scoring might also involve the number of goals/points scored, the difference in score, etc., depending on the sport or game.
- Winner Determination:
- At the end of the tournament, the participant with the most points is declared the winner.
- Tiebreakers may be used if participants have equal points. These can include head-to-head results, goal/point difference, goals/points scored, etc.
- If there are 4 teams: A, B, C, and D, the matchups would be as follows:
- A vs B, C vs D
- A vs C, B vs D
- A vs D, B vs C